Free Adobe Express Competition for GSA Schools
After the success of last year’s competition, the GSA has teamed up again with Adobe, TA Education and now Sky: The Edit to run a free creative competition for students aged 8-18.
30th October 2023 to the 29th March 2024.
The competition will follow the theme of Climate Change and students will use resources provided by The Edit to produce a 90-second news report using Adobe Express online or app based video editing software.*
How it works
Enter the Competition
Don’t have access to Adobe Express?
Complete the form below to request free access for all staff and students.
Free technical support, including, linking to Office 365 or Google accounts.
Select a Theme
Register your school for Sky Up.
Select the age range of your girls from 8-11 or 11+. Then pick your theme;
Once you have registered you can gain access to The Edit materials.
The winning entries will be judged by Adobe, The GSA and TA Education.
Prizes have yet to be finalised but will include the following for each of the age ranges:
A visit to Sky Up Academy Studios (London or Livingstone) for the winning school’s class
Trophy for the winners
Unique Adobe/Sky hoodies for the winners
Trophy for the winning school
Free cloud-based Adobe creative software for staff and students. Everything you need to create logos, adverts, videos, web page and much more.
Don’t have Adobe Express in your school? Don’t worry we can get you up and running in no time.
Simply request free access for all staff and students here.
• Sky: The Edit is an opportunity for schools to introduce a digital storytelling challenge to their students. It is aimed at young people aged between 8-18 and provides them with a chance to create a 90-second news report on topics about Climate change.
• The school will need to register for The Edit for free. Click on this link to do so. Once registered the school will have access to the video, and digital images from Sky as well as the student and teacher resources needed to complete this competition.
• The girls will work in teams of 5. Each of them takes on a different role in this project. These are explained in the Sky: The Edit resources.
• The creative output has to be produced in an Adobe Express product, which includes Adobe Express and Adobe Premiere Rush. For more details, click here.
• To request free access to Adobe Express for all staff and students, please complete this online form.
• The competition is based on a resource produced by Sky: The Edit. The creative output will be based on something that the students choose to do based on what they have learned from the resource provided. They will need to be able to have access to video recording devices such as a tablet or a phone (older girls) to help them record their news reports.
• To enter the competition, the school needs to register its interest by completing the online registration detailed above. Once the school has registered then further information will be provided by TA Education. Register here.
• There are five separate year group categories for schools to enter students for the competition.
Years 4 / Years 5 & 6 / Years 7 & 8 / Years 9-11 / Years 12-13.
• Any girl in each school is welcome to take part in the competition as part of a team of 4-5 girls. However, the school will need to select the best two entries for each year group category and submit them by 29th March 2024.
• The competition will be judged by Adobe, the GSA and TA Education personnel.
• When your students are ready to submit their work, follow this link.
All the following support is included free of charge for GSA Schools. Contact us to request any further support.
- Free remote technical support to set up and connect Adobe Express to the school's Office 365 or Google Workspace tenancy.
- Teacher training is available for those schools wishing to upskill their staff before introducing the competition.